Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wrinkles the Robot

(Note: I lost some of my blog pictures a while back so I am reposting a few.)
Wrinkles the Robot made in March of 2009.<
Small Means picture

"Wrinkles" the robot was created for a special grandson, Brenden who has a fascination with robots. He has Aspergers and has had some serious issues with that when he was younger. He is now 14 and doing very well, thanks to a great Mom and Dad. While blog browsing, I found "Small Means" with a small picture of a very nice robot pattern that I thought he would really enjoy. I had to adapt the pattern size and layout my own design, using a "by gosh and by golly" measurements to make a full size robot quilt.



Started with the robot, then added the borders.  So glad he liked it so well.




His brother liked it as well but he wanted a full size puppy quilt. That will be another post.

I included a card with this note for him to help through difficult times:
Brenden,
About your “Wrinkles” quilt:
The background is all the same material but looks a little different. Some pieces were turned different directions but work just as well. The border pieces are all different sizes – some started out all wadded up and wrinkled. After ironing out the wrinkles, they all fit together and worked nicely together. Kinda like life, once we iron out the wrinkles (problems), things go smoothly. You have had a lot of wrinkles to iron out and have done a great job with most of them. Keep up the good work. I am very proud of you and love you very much. Grandma
2009

3 comments:

  1. I saw this on Sheri's blog and had to pop over to tell you how great I think it is! I love the balance of the big robot with the busy, colorful piano key border--perfect combination! Brenden is a lucky boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt. What a perfect fit for Brenden's interests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quilt and the story! A friend of ours has a son with Aspergers, I know at times it can be a struggle for them. So glad to hear that your grandson is doing so well. Love that pattern too! I'm not sure I could have done that without a pattern, you are very talented.

    Have a wonderful and Blessed day
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete