Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ah, technology – aint it great!!

Both my HD (Honey Do) and I got new cell phones. He set his up first and all went well. He had his old minutes and his old number transferred to the new phone in minutes while he was still on the line with the representative. Then (with the same representative) he set mine up. I waited two days and still no working phone so HD called back again, punched in more numbers and was told it was set. NOT, when trying to make a call, he was told he had to add more time to the 500+ I already had on the phone. Back to the drawing board, he called them again. Got it that time.

I was anxious to try out the camera on the phone. I took one picture and sent it a couple of times. It said it went and deducted time both tries but it never arrived to my email. My HD discovered that I was trying to sent it to our phone number rather than our email address! I am just not up on all this but I am trying.

We also got new mini laptops. His works great. I really like mine but discovered that unless I am right on top the router, I cannot connect to the internet. We do have a warranty but trying to explain the situation to someone who doesn't really understand the language is not a good thing. We think it needs a new wireless card since we have tried every fix we can find, up to date drivers, etc. With both computers side by side, HD's is at 90% signal and mine at 0% or sometimes 30% but not enough to connect. What to do, what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment