Saturday, April 11, 2009

Changes are good!

The change over from Windows to Linux Ubuntu is going well. I haven't done a lot with the graphics as yet but think I found a program that will work as a substitute for Picture It. I have not used it much yet so that is still to be determined. It is Gimp. I also have my old Lview which I am familiar with but it is not as good at manipulating pictures.

I am now using Pidgin for my instant messaging but may try out Skype as well. Thunderbird is working out well for my email program. I got my address book imported and my old emails incoming and outgoing imported as well.

My HD got me a label program so I can print multiple labels if I want rather than one or a whole page full of the same.I have only printed a single label on it so far. The nice thing about most of these programs is that they are FREE. Linux is definitely faster than Windows and more forgiving too.

I have been working on a new quilt which I will share with you later. Also getting things ready for our trip to Sofia, Bulgaria in May to welcome a new daughter-in-law, Lili, into our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment