Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Family Visit

We had a great trip to Amarillo this last week.  We did have a bit of wind against us but that big Ford diesel got pretty good mileage pulling our 5th wheel.

It was so nice to see Mom and everyone. Mom is doing well for her 85 years. My father-in-law is a few months younger and said he will call on her for advice when needed. :)




We visited with all four of my brothers, Robert (who drove in from New Mexico); Joe Pat; Tom and his wife DeeDee and grandson O'Neal and Harold and his wife, Pat. Unfortunately, I forgot about my camera and did not get pictures of Robert or Joe Pat. Maybe next time!


Also saw four of my six sisters: Faith, and her husband Fred; Barbara, and her husband John; June and Teresa. Missed getting a picture of Faith and Fred as well this trip.


While in Amarillo. we decided to get shingles vaccinations.  I have been around people who have had shingles and know they are extremely painful. My older brother had them and said a vaccination is well worth WHATEVER you have to pay for it.  So Mom, my HD and I all got one. Their arms did not get sore, swollen, red, itchy or warm. Mine was all the above - but is clearing up just in time to get a flu shot.  Hopefully it will only be a bit sore as in past years.

I hope we can visit more often with everyone. We have always lived a distance from everyone and missed out on many family gatherings.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time. Thanks for sharing some of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete