Saturday, November 7, 2009

Past Wall Hangings and Quilts




Amber Waves of Grain Wall Hanging 1997
I found this pattern in one of my quilting books  and enlarged it in three steps to the size I wanted. Most of the fabrics in this one came from my friend Mitsuko in Japan. I made a matching one for her as well. I entered this one at the Permian Basin Fair in Odessa Texas and awarded a red ribbon for it.

 
 
Faraway Fabrics Signature Quilt 1997

This wall hanging was made of fabrics from around the world. When my HD was traveling, he would bring fabric from whatever country he was visiting. I embroidered the name of the country in each block that fabric came from. I started this after he had been traveling for awhile so I didn’t get some from every country where he went. Included is fabric from England (from my friend Maureen), Taiwan, India,  Germany, Singapore, Japan and the USA.


Trip Around the World 1995
This one was made for my daughter and son-in-law.  I also made a Welcome Wall Hanging to match the colors of the quilt.






Flower Basket Quilt 1995
This one was made for my son and daughter-on-law for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment