Monday, July 19, 2010

Support and Pray For Our Troops

It has been hard to put my feelings down . . . I have started several times. But then I looked down at the T-shirt I like to wear. . .

“We can all disagree but we are ALL Americans”
Support Our Troops
Army Navy Air Force Marine Coast Guard

Please pray for our troops and give them your support no matter how you feel about the wars we Americans are involved in.

Our sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, cousins and yes, even grandparents did not ask to be away from their families and put in harm's way. They are there protecting us and our freedom. They have a job to do. We don't have to like it but they need everyone's support while they are there.

Our son, Jay, left  last Tuesday for Afghanistan for a year's tour of duty. I won't lie  - I don't like it one bit, but I pray he will stay safe with God watching over him.

 I am very proud of him and all that he has accomplished in his personal and military career. I also know how hard it will be on his family having him gone for the next year, so prayers go out to them as well and we will give them any help we can while he is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment