Thursday, September 2, 2010

Stitches are out . . .

I got the stitches out of my knee on Tuesday. Two of them could have stayed a bit longer but are healing OK, just bled a little bit, probably from stretching..

Confinement. . .
When the doctor says "You can do whatever you are comfortable with" after knee surgery, IT APPARENTLY DOES NOT APPLY TO ALL PEOPLE!  Actually as I look back, I think he may have mean't as long as your knee and leg are not swollen (like from the knee to the foot), you may do whatever you are comfortable doing.




I am used to being busy all the time and have a very hard time sitting with my feet up. I need to have something to do all the time. The elevation definitely does help with the swelling but the sitting leaves cramps in other places!!

I am managing to stay busy most of the time but any visitors will have to excuse my mess. If I have to stay on the couch, I will bring my stuff in there to work on. I have been instructed by the doctor, my HD and my DD to keep the leg elevated but I can get up to do my exercises every little bit and that helps with the stiffness. Oh, I forgot, when I talked to my Mom she told me the same thing.

My DH has been taking good care of me, as always. He fixed a very good supper last night. It was a casserole with talapia seasoned with lemon pepper, cooked in olive oil and chopped up; then mixed with cooked balsmatic rice and English peas. It was so good!

1 comment:

  1. Poor mom, no respect...everyone telling you to sit on your butt all day and eat bonbons and watch soaps. :) I hope your knee is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete