Saturday, September 11, 2010

Who is training WHO. . .

Daisy is training us . . . I mean WE are training HER!

She is doing much better about not using me for a chew toy with those tiny, sharp puppy teeth. HD has taken her on some walks around the block, which has helped with the sharp nails. Her little short legs don't make it all the way, so she gets carried part of the distance.

I wish I had some of her energy. She will go full speed ahead for a while, playing with and tossing toys, then she naps, and starts all over again.
I love our doggie door. It was built into the door when we bought it and is for a large dog. Daisy has the “coming in” down pat but is still working on the “going out” part. The flap is a bit heavy for her but she can push it open - she has trained us (temporarily) to open it for her. I know she can push it open because if I go outside and call her, she flies right thru it. Brat!!

She thinks she has the two LARGE black labs across the alley terrified of her - thinks she is bigger than they are.



She saw her reflection in the mirror and was just jumping and barking at the “other” puppy wanting to play with it. She was so cute.























I think she also has a jealous streak in her. I have some American Girl type dolls that I use for models when I make doll clothes. Daisy doesn't like them. It is OK if the doll is laying on the table, but if I pick it up, Daisy starts growling and barking, then crawls up on my shoulder and watches that doll. She is funny.















She had a wonderful time playing with DD's dog Sophie – all 65 pounds of her and the grandkids. They had a wonderful time chasing each other around the yard.



3 comments:

  1. Moving puppies make for fuzzy pictures. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!!! Daisy is all personality and very little dog!

    ReplyDelete