Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's Calendar Makin' Time

Mercy, I looked at my November calendar and there are TEN (10) events on it. One anniversary and nine are birthdays (and one pending – Lene). Oops, another one just got added – some I forgot to get information on previously.

I try to keep up with all additions and changes to the family to keep my genealogy database up to date and the family calendars I have been making for Christmas every year for about the last twenty years or so. I do slip up every now and again but try to remind everyone to keep me updated and it's that time again. I do have some updates to make on HD's side as well. I think this year there will be 25 to 30 calendars going out between my side, my HD's side and our kids & grandkids.

Cover page designs are all done. I just need to update the calendar for each, after the new arrival gets here, print them out and make copies. I don't know what I'd do without my calendar program that keep all my event information and calendars from year to year for me. Years ago, when I first started doing them, there was no program so I had to manually go in and change the days on each month to the proper day of the week, then input each event, birthdays and anniversaries every year. This was a chore when you have a large family. Mom & Dad had 11 children, 4 boys and 7 girls.

Now the numbers for my Mom are as follows (IF I counted right).
19 Grandchildren
27 (+ 1 Lene) Great Grandchildren
4 Great Great Grandchildren

1 comment: