Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oh, My Goodness!


I have inherited a quilting machine from my late sister, Faith. She asked me several times about taking it when she not able to use it but I was unsure but finally decided I wanted to learn to use it and get some of my stack of quilt tops finished.

I am really excited about us learning how to use it . With my HD's help we will get it going and hope to work together on the quilting.

Thanks to Faith's husband, Fred for giving us her machine and all the work gathering things up to send. We will really enjoy it! Also thanks go to my sister Barbara & brother-in- law, John for bringing it to us.

HD and I were so excited that we stayed up 'til 10:30 pm putting it together and checking it out. Now the fun starts - practice, practice, practice.

My HD said my little sister is probably looking down from heaven, laughing at us trying to set it up but I think she is smiling too, knowing that her machine will be used.

It is a Nolting SMS 24 with Intellistitch and a 12 foot table and is really nice.



1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are going to put her machine back into action! Can't wait to see the first quilt. I have the first one she made - a practice one and have really enjoyed it for the grandkids. It seems more durable for repeated washings than the handquilted one she gave me. Good luck! Marge

    ReplyDelete