Monday, February 21, 2011

Shoebox Treasure Log Cabin Quilt Top


I finished this quilt top using the fabrics from the shoebox and adding my own teal fabric for some contrast in the border and a separation point between the log cabin blocks and the border. Teal is my favorite color so I tend to use it often in my quilts.

NOTE: I hate doing Mitered corners!
Did I mention I hate Mitered corners? I have a mental block about them and always have to look at directions for them and still have fits with them. They are very pretty WHEN they turn out right.

Two of the corners don't look too bad. The designs came together pretty well but the other two did not do as well. I won't show them. Did I mention I hate Mitered corners?



I am not a perfectionist and prefer to look at the beauty of the log cabin rather than worry about a border corner design not lining up. I really like the colors in this top.

No comments:

Post a Comment