Friday, June 17, 2011

Thrift Store Bargains again!

My DD chauffered us around to her favorite thrift stores and we found all kinds of goodies. Right at 26 yards of fabric worked out to less than $1.22 a yard and it is really nice fabric. Also got batting for two baby quilts and eight cones of thread at great prices.
 


 There was 3 3/4 yards of this one.

This piece was also 3 3/4 yards.


There were 2 yards of the red.

This one had 6 yards.

And this one with the larger flowers has 10 1/4 yards.

I think some of it will make really nice quilt backing fabric too. They had a lot more but that was plenty for this trip. It is about an hours drive over there and I bet they will have some the next time we go. 

I really like this store since the fabric is out where you can see/touch it. My other favorite store over there has big plastic bags with fabric inside but you don't really know for sure what type it is just by looking - but do have good prices on it as well. One time I got about 5 yards of Coca Cola fabric in one bag along with other fabrics.




1 comment:

  1. You really did get a great bargin!! I've not found fabric at our thrift stores around here. I guess I will add back to my stash a little bit at a time.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete