Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas in Amarillo . . .

From the Austin area, we traveled to Amarillo for a Christmas Eve extended family gathering. I can't remember the final count but think it was between 60 and 70 people at my sister's home. 




















We always have a good time there with gifts for all the kids and men's and women's gift exchanges, not to mention all the good food and visiting.

A scavenger hunt game kept the older kids busy for a while. And the sock critters made by DD were a big hit. In fact, she got some orders to make more of them.

We planned Christmas Day lunch at Mom's house but when it started snowing, HD decided he'd leave for home before it got really bad. He left for home early to check on his Dad, who is having health issues. I stayed there since my DD was coming up for a few days and I rode back with her. It snowed most of the day and think there was about 5 inches on the ground. I stayed with Mom a few days and then to my sister's where DD was staying and really enjoyed the whole visit. Wish it wasn't so far so we could visit more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment