Friday, March 23, 2012

More Laminating -

We decided to do the rest of the house and are starting with my sewing room. It will make it so much easier to clean up the threads off the laminate instead of the carpet.

I/we cleaned out the sewing room (or most of it yesterday) but still had a couple of pieces of furniture to move. HD helped with the heavy stuff but I moved the rest so I'd know where I put things.


We managed to get it all in the guest room except for one LARGE counter cabinet work surface. It covers almost one full wall and I think it took three strong men to put it in there when we moved here. HD raised one end and I put our "Grandpa's skate board" in the middle under it. Now we can easily roll it into the hall and still manage to squeeze by it.







 Guest room mess!

My sewing room guard is mad 'cause I stuffed him in a box.







 Hallway

 


 We pulled up the carpet and padding and the trash truck hauled it off this morning.


 HD got all the tack strips up, despite the "helpers"!





 Now we just need to pull up the baseboards and we are ready to put the 1/4" plywood down for a nice smooth surface for the laminate.

We hope to do the master bedroom next and lastly the guest room.

Knees needs prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment