Saturday, May 12, 2012

Do you remember Autograph books?

 Vinyl Autograph Books
I had a blue autograph book in high school that all my friends and  classmates signed, then folded the pages back. I also had some other autographs in it – I went to some country music events and got Jim Reeves and Marty Robbins to sign my book.

Over the years, I lost the book but had pulled one page out to save and I am sure it is here somewhere – probably behind a picture in a frame. It is one my Mom wrote. She thought about it for quite awhile before she wrote the following:

'Tis sweet to meet
But sad to part,
You are the darling of my heart,
I do believe that Christ above,
Created you for me to love
And sent you down from all the rest
Because HE knew I'd love you best!

I know Mom feels this way about all eleven of her children (Joe Pat, Christine - *that's me*, Harold, Robert, June, Tom, Marge, Kathy, Faith, Barbara & Teresa). She is a special lady!

I love you, Mom.  Happy Mother's Day!

And Happy Mother's Day to all 
the Mothers, Grandmothers and Greats out there!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey thеre I am so grаteful I fοund your web site, Ι really found you by accident, ωhilе I ωаs bгowѕing on Yahoo
    for ѕοmething else, Regardless I am here now аnd would
    just like to say thanks fоr a remаrkаble post
    and a all round enjoуable blog (I alѕо
    loѵе the theme/dеsign), I don't have time to look over it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the awesome job.

    my blog post :: Alternate Energy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I am glad you enjoy my blog. I appreciate comments as many read but never comment.

    ReplyDelete