Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I HATE CHANGES!!


Now that that is said and out of the way, my DH has been telling me, for some time, that I need to update my desktop Linux operating system. It is at the point that it will no longer be supported. He has checked out several and found one he likes and thought would work for me.

I have a different setup than most people - my main system is Linux but I also have Windows on a virtual drive on my system since I have some programs that only run on Windows. He has worked on it for two days and finally put the drive in the computer instead of trying to set it up with the external drive. Several things just did not work and it really slowed things down. He worked on it again, got disgusted 'cause nothing was working right and put me back on my old system's hard drive. 

 
DH does NOT like Windows so it is a chore to work with. It has been so long since I have used Windows, except just the few programs I use, I don't know much about it. Linux is so much easier and more stable to use and I have been using it for several years. Plus so many programs for it are FREE!!!

He is now checking out another on his computer. If it does well there he will check it out on my system.

Will be another blog I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment