Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Marriage and Hot Water-

I spent a lot of time at my best girlfriend's home in high school. Actually, her house is where I met my guy. We were both telephone operators and she made a date over the phone with an Air Force guy. She did not want to meet him alone so she asked if he had a friend and I was her friend. 

 Blind date at a hotdog roast – and here we are 46 year later!

I loved her Mom and Dad – Mom was barely 5 foot and Dad was about 6 ft 5 inches or so and part American Indian. 

 When my DH and I told her Dad we were getting married, he said he wanted to give us some advice. He said “marriage is like a tub of hot water – the longer you stay in the colder it gets and you should always warm it up from time to time.” So for years, on anniversaries, birth announcements, etc, we would always put a special note to him that the water was STILL HOT!

Well, it's STILL HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment