Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mustard Seed


Matthew 17:20
He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”



When I was in grade school, my best friend gave me a gift set - a necklace and bracelet with a mustard seed globe on them. I wore them a lot back then and still have them. I think of my friend when I see them. We both had the same first and middle names so the teacher called her by her first name and me by my middle name. I have long since lost track of my friend but not of the childhood memories we shared.



I never really thought much about the mustard seed until here lately. My dear daughter gave me a bracelet with the word FAITH and a mustard seed on it. It is very simple but beautiful and a constant reminder of the meaning behind the mustard seed. In addition, a reminder of the sister I lost, Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment