Monday, June 4, 2012

Birthdays -

Why is it so hard to think up things to make for boys for their birthdays and easy  to sew for girls - big and little quilts, clothes, dolls and clothes, headbands, etc, etc?

Perhaps when the boys are (forgive me Mom), DRIVING, I can make things for their cars. Until then, I guess a check will have to do so they can pick out something they like that won't sit on the shelf and collect dust! Two grandsons are getting to be close to that age now.

Anyway, I wanted to share the small quilt I made for one of my granddaughters. Her Mom sneaked her outgrown clothes away from her last year and I just now got around to using them in the quilt pattern I found in one of my quilt magazines. I think she likes it.

The pattern is called "Dressed to the Nines". She had fun remembering what clothes the dresses came from - dress, shorts, pants or jacket. She loves pinks and purples!


















  I used a fabric with butterflies for the backing.

No comments:

Post a Comment