Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cross Quilt Beginnings

Cross Quilt Beginnings

I don't always plan out the quilts that I make, in fact, I rarely do but generally have an idea of what design I want. However I started some blocks just to keep busy, not having any idea what I would use them for.

A friend, who knows I quilt, gave me some scraps someone left at our church.

 There were lots of brown, green, yellow and teal pieces of fabric.
I cut three inch strips  and stitched two different colors together on two sides then cut them diagonally, flipped them and stitched together. It takes a LOT of three inch blocks to make a quilt!!

 I forgot that I had already packed my quilt books so I searched the internet for patterns  but didn't find anything that struck my fancy.

I remembered a picture I saw several months ago and saved it - now where did I save it?? Finally located it on my desktop (among the hundreds of other pictures on there).
 
I had enough blocks to make the center of my quilt but will have to wait to finish until we get moved - I already packed my fabric as well!! Anyway, here is the start of my quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment