Monday, May 11, 2009

State Flower and Lone Star Quilts


State Flowers Quilt was completed in 1993. This was my very first quilt. The state flower quilt was made from an Aunt Martha embroidery pattern. I ironed the state flower designs onto a white sheet and at my daughter's suggestion, used solid red and blue blocks between them. I worked on it off and on (while working) for many years before I actually finished it. It is hand quilted and full size.

Lone Star Quilt was completed in 1995. This quilt was made from an Aunt Martha pattern kit that I bought at a garage sale. I had a lot of trouble with this one since it was one of my very first quilts. I had problems getting the very center to lay flat. I had my Mom and sister Faith (who is a very good quilter) look at it. We finally got it down some and it quilted out flat.

2 comments:

  1. Those are both very beautiful quilts! I have always wanted to make one of the big stars! I made a small one, only aboutr 42inches, but I would love to have one to fit my bed!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'll take credit for the color ideas on the State Flowers Quilt, even if I can't remember that conversation! :) You know, I think the green Lone Star Quilt would wow Brenden with his love of Green...Has he seen it yet?

    ReplyDelete