Sunday, September 20, 2009

Quilt Tops in Progress

These are a few tops I have started and will post more when I get back to working on them. I think I have too many irons in the fire right now.

Ebay Embroidered Quilt

I found some embroidered blocks on ebay to make a quilt. They were stitched together so I had to separate them for my needs. It was a bit difficult since the machine stitch used was very fine but I got all twelve apart and put sashing between them, using brown strips and yellow sparkle corners. The colors used in the embroidery are very bright and colorful with orange and yellow flowers, trimmed with brown and green. I don't usually use those colors so finding fabric in my stash to go with them was a challenge but I used solid orange and yellow for two borders with a white floral between them.  I have a large stash so I don't want to purchase anything until I reduce it considerably.
















Pastel Baskets and Dresden Quilt

This one is a preprinted fabric that was begun by someone else and given to me. There were a couple of bad places around the edges that looked like the quilt may have had a fight with the dryer and lost. With some coordinating fabric, I cut out the bad places and replaced them. Not only did I get the quilt top but the coordinated backing fabric was there as well.

 


Pastel Dresden Large and Small

This fabric had large and small dresden plates in the same basic fabric colors as the Pastel Baskets quilt top. I cut them out and appliquéd them to the included quilt top fabric alternating the large and small plates. I found a pastel soft stripe fabric in my stash that went well for the wide border.





 USA / Texas Bandanna Quilt

I have always wanted to make a quilt using bandannas. These were perfect for this project. I used the following designed bandannas: Texas, USA and Confederate. I plan to make borders using navy and maroon with a patriotic print fabric between the two.






Country Quilter

I love the panel that is the center design for this quilt. It was an apron but since I don't do aprons, I cut the bib off, reusing the borders from it at the top. I think the ooordination blocks of brown and gold really set the center off and the teal border just finishes it off.




No comments:

Post a Comment