Friday, November 20, 2009

Goodbye Dach Monster

 Dach












 January 1, 1994 --

November 18, 2009


It was time. . . he was ready. . . I thought I was ready-

I think one of the hardest decisions we make is when it is time to put a beloved pet to sleep. When there is no quality of life left for them, we are still selfishly holding on to them instead of letting them go.

I know people say "it's just a dog" but after loving and caring for them for almost 16 years, they are family.

I know that this decision was made with love for him by giving him freedom from pain and age related problems but it was so difficult for me and my HD.

Dach was the first little red fuzzy dachshund to come into our lives, followed by sister Dora six months later. They have been very special to us and we spoiled them shamelessly over the years.

Dach's health has really deteriorated this year so he was the first to leave us. We loved him and will miss him tremendously.

Dora has some health problems as well but thus far not as bad.

My HD and I have decided not to adopt any more pets. Our little Coco will be going back to her old family, our son, daughter in law and grandson, where she is well loved.

1 comment:

  1. Mom and Dad: We love you guys and we are sorry you had to go through this. Dach will be missed.

    ReplyDelete