Thursday, March 18, 2010

Moving is a chore. . .



 We were also use to 9 ft ceilings with lots of overhead storage. We are feeling the effects of going from a 2400 sq ft house to one just under 1600 ft. We just have too much STUFF! Downsizing is a good thing.


 


We have the office set up with the computers and a love seat and futon there as well.







The entertainment center is in a smaller living area with couch, chair and tables. Now, if we can just get some dependable tv reception in there - without the "WEAK or NO SIGNAL"!! I would mention how I feel about the HDTV but will save it for another blog -or maybe not!






Both bedrooms are set up. We are still working on getting pictures hung.








 
I have pretty well set up my sewing room, but have some concerns about the carpet. 

My ironing board is not too steady on it and I caught my iron just before it hit the floor. Also my roll around chair -DOESN'T - on the carpet.

My room is large enough but the closet is much smaller than the one that my HD custom built for me at the old house.


The "old house" was a 100 year old church that we remodeled into a home and did it our way.

 The kitchen and dining is working out nicely. 





 
HD installed a storm door at the back with a dog door in it for our 16 year old baby, Dora.




We are hoping that our portable building can be moved to our back yard. It would be a lifesaver since we have not started moving things from the old garage, shop, RV cover or the building. 

We are concerned whether the building can be maneuvered by hand between the tree and the house, using plywood and poles to slide it. We are going to give it a try when the ground dries out some. That will be another blog!

On the upside of moving, we are so enjoying being closer to family. Also shopping is so much more convenient, rather than being so far that it takes all day to run errands. Traffic is a bit different here - it's not like our previous rush hour being two cars at the four-way stop!!


But we are making some progress - we can get my little "toaster" car in the garage but not HD's big truck. In the garage, we still have boxes with fabric, garage sale items, misc boxes and large bags of teddy bears.

We are gettin' there!

3 comments:

  1. I still have not figured out how to make the text go where I want it with the pictures. Sorry, still learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the story and the pictures. Dora looks comfortable. I bought a Motorola wideband amp for my TV antenna to get better reception. It helps but I still get bad reception on some channels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad y'all are closer too. I know Grandpa and Robert B are both LOVING having y'all closer....judging by the Pepsi in the fridge, I think you might like them closer too. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete