Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Ladies Church Holiday Party

What a wonderful fellowship gathering. Those who planned and executed this party did a great job. The decorations in the hall and on the tables were just beautiful.








































"Mrs Santa" was on hand but Santa had disappeared and was high on Mrs Santa's naughty list until it he was said to be out feeding the reindeer.




We had so many delicious snacks to munch on (too many desserts to be sure) !!






















We heard some good stories from "Mrs. Santa". . .






. .  and sang some Christmas songs with our lovely song leader  in preparation for the MAIN event - the Chinese gift exchange.


We had a couple of ladies (friends with a member) visit with us from their church in Keller.

There were a few ladies who did not steal the gifts but the rest of us had a wonderful time "exchanging" hands until the third time when they were frozen and stayed with that owner.

Some really beautiful ornaments were given. There were 39 participants in the exchange. It was my first time to attend and somehow I missed signing in and getting a number so I wound up with the last number and had my choice to select a new gift or "steal" any gifts not frozen. When I picked out an ornament to bring, I chose one that I would like to have, so I stole the cross I brought from the precious lady sitting next to me. Sorry, Ina!

I think everyone had a great time. It was not about the food or the gifts but about sharing, caring, laughing and visiting any time we gather together and especially in the joy this time of year brings to all.

Thanks again to all the ones to prepared this wonderful party. Ya'll did GOOD!

I love my church family!
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment