Monday, March 18, 2013

My Retreat Project


I wanted to do a little something special for the ladies going to our church retreat. After thinking about it, I decided to make some small bags for each of them.
I had some fabric that my daughter got from a manufacturing plant who gave away their leftovers from their projects. I have three large rolls of fabric that are only 5 to 6 inches wide. I chose two of them to work with.
This worked for out perfect to sew two strips together for the small bags. The fabric has iron-on interfacing on the back so it was easy to iron a lining fabric on the back and iron the two fabrics together for the inside and outside pockets and straps.
I made two types of bags. I started making some (sixteen) with small square bottoms and the remaining (twenty-four) just tote style. 
 







I put a pocket on the inside and another on the outside and think a cell phone will fit in either one.
 When I first looked at the list of those attending, there were only fifteen or sixteen names and I said to myself "I can do that". (I missed the part that a minimum of twenty-five had to sign up. Next time I looked at list, there were twenty-five names on it. I thought "Hmmm, yes, I can do that". Well . . . the next time I looked at the list, there were THIRTY-FOUR NAMES !! And I said "Self, CAN I DO THIS?"
I have made forty bags and decided if there are more than that attending, I will get the names and make them one after the retreat if they want one ! Also added a couple of my favorite little sayings to the inside pocket of each bag.
 I made one for myself and my daughter with a unique lining since we both like to sew.









 



No comments:

Post a Comment