Thursday, December 5, 2013

Fresh Apple Cake From Friends

Recently, some friends from church brought over a fresh apple cake, still warm from the oven. We love our church family! It was so good, I had to force myself to cut it up and freeze most of it to keep us from gobbling it down. Thanking the maker of this wonderful cake, I asked if she share recipes and she did.

Seeing that she made it in a bunt pan, I told her that I had a fancy pan I was going to try it in. I received in the pan Christmas gift exchange several years ago and had never used it (still in cardboard wrapping). I also made another in an old favorite pan. Both are now in the freezer.

It did really well in that pan. I do have a confession though - I forgot to put the nuts in both cakes - and I EVEN had the pecans!! :(

Guess I will have to FORCE myself to make another.  ;0) Thanks Evelyn and Dwayne!


No comments:

Post a Comment