Sunday, February 20, 2011

My First Quilt Guild Meeting.

This week I attended my first meeting of the Quilter's Guild of Parker County in Weatherford and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks go to my friend Pat for taking me and introducing me to lots of quilters. I took a stack of quilt magazines for their "free" table and have donated a box of quilting books that they will use for their auction.



There was a good crowd there and a full meeting. They had visiting, of course, installation of new officers, show and tell and a speaker.


  Lynn Roddy Brown was a terrific speaker and her subject was: “Scrap Quilts from Block Swaps”.  For the past nine years, she has been a member of a bee that trades blocks for scrap quilts.  She loves scrap quilts because it gives her the opportunity to use many different fabrics.






1 comment:

  1. Yea!! I'm so glad you got to go and meet some like-minded friends.

    ReplyDelete