Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shoe Box Treasures!


I have been going back through the huge amount of sewing things my sister, Faith, left to me. I am so amazed with the complete quilt pieces so carefully cut and placed in shoe boxes and plastic totes. 



Each containing a complete beautiful quilt (one with borders in the box too) when assembled. Placed in the box with a sample of the block and pieces in the order to be constructed! It makes putting them together so very easy and fast. It is truly a gift of love for any quilter. 



I am not familiar with some of the pattern designs but will try to put a name with each block as I figure it out. 


I don't know if these were all Faith's or from someone else's collected stash. Looking at the beautiful color combinations, I suspect several were indeed Faith's since she had such a nice flair for blending colors.




One box just had miscellaneous cut pieces. It will be fun laying them out onto blocks to see what pattens come about. There are all sizes of squares, triangles and strips of many fabrics. I have always made my quilts up as I go, never figuring out how much fabric or cutting all the pieces up front. They have always worked out but after seeing with what ease the shoebox treasures are coming together, I may start doing mine a bit different!

I will be posting more of these treasures as I finish them, remembering Faith with every stitch.

1 comment:

  1. True treasures! So many beautiful kits. You will have so many memories to treasure with every stitch.

    ReplyDelete