Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Two peas in a pod . . .

Faith and I had many things in common. Sewing, quilting, collecting beautiful fabric and we liked a lot of the same patterns.

She made a “Best Friend's” small quilt for the silent auction at our Cousins family reunion in 2008 and I had the winning bid on it. It features six pieced girl blocks. In going through the “Shoebox Treasures”, I found another six hand pieced girl blocks.

About the same time she made the reunion quilt, I ran across the “Best Friends” boy pattern in one of my quilt magazines and put together six blocks. I put them away and forgot about them until I came across Faith's blocks. I will put the boys and girls together in a quilt or two and post when finished.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, such beautiful blocks! I don't think I have ever saw that pattern before!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete