Saturday, August 2, 2014

Brook's Graduation Quilt

We were asked by a church member if we would make a graduation quilt for her daughter using her sports t-shirts. I had never done a t-shirt quilt before but checked online for instructions. I bought the backing fabric from JoAnns and it worked really well. The daughter picked out the fabric colors she wanted - pink and blue. The pink fabric was a bit different. has gold glitters in it and feels like a bit of rubberize. It worked out to iron on the backside of it and may have been OK to iron with low setting.

There were not enough t-shirts to fill the size so I put two pictures in the quilt. One of her baby picture and one of her graduation picture. I have used the fabric sheets before to print pictures and labels on without any problems but this time, I did have an issue. I think it was due to my printer being a photo printer and putting more ink even when I set it on plain paper. I rinsed the pictures well but after all was done, when I washed the quilt, the darkest picture bled a bit on the surrounding fabric. It is barely noticable but I did recommend that the quilt be used as only a keepsake in case it bleeds again. I put two printed labels on the quilt and they did fine.

My DH did the quilting and did a great job with it, using a meandering stitch. She was very happy with the results and her daughter was as well.




















Pink Color did not show up correct in this photo.






















No comments:

Post a Comment