Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I Felt a Blog Comin' On!


I don't like to cook a lot, especially when it is hot so I try to get it all done a one time. I have a fair sized kitchen and really know how to mess it up! No one has any room when I cook 'cause I take up ALL the counter space. So after my DH made his homemade yogurt and went out to do yard work, I went to work.

















We invited our minister and his lovely wife to dinner the next night so first I made dessert. It is a recipe I have used many times before but has been awhile since I made it. It is a modified Weight Watcher cheesecake recipe. I noticed my blender did not sound quite right and must have had a "senior moment" when I put it together. I put the gasket on the OUTSIDE so it not only leaked a tiny bit but did not fit all the way down in the slots. It still blended up OK though.
 


I had enough chicken for four chicken pot pies- a favorite of mine and DH's but I only made three so the fourth would be fresh out of the oven for our dinner guests. It was hot in my kitchen and my dough was drying out so I had to get busy and finish.
 

 DH finished the yard and had just stepped in the shower when the doorbell rang. Picture this: me with no makeup, not even sure I had combed my hair, wearing shorts & tank top (I NEVER wear these clothes in public), flour on me and pie crust dough on my hands. I felt sure this would be enough to scare off a pesky salesman. Opening the door - there stood our minister. He is always so neatly dressed and here I was feeling like what our Bulgarian daughter-in-law calls a "villager" - a "DEEP VILLAGER"!

 So glad he was just here to drop off lessons. I am afraid if he saw the mess my kitchen was in, they might have had an "emergency" come up at the last minute and have to cancel dinner plans. LOL
We got all the pies separated into individual portions and put into the freezer so they are ready to zap in the microwave for meals.

And the kitchen looks so much better now!
 






















PS. I made the other chicken pie today and DH made a delicious Greek cucumber dip for our meal. We just enjoyed a very nice meal and visit with our minister and his lovely wife. 

Thank you God for this great time to share together. We hope we can do it again soon.




1 comment:

  1. WOW! But you pulled it off! Too cute! Yum!

    ReplyDelete